Recipe: Kaju Katli | Kaju Cakes
Kaju katli (cashew fudge) is a most sought after indian sweet at home. Whenever we get a big box of kaju katli at home, they just get over in a couple of days.
Preparation Time : 05 mins
Cooking time : 15 minutes
Servings : Depends
- 1 cup cashews/kaju
- ½ cup sugar or as required
- 5 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp ghee or coconut oil (optional)
- 1 tsp chopped rose petals (optional) or rose water
- A pinch of Saffron
How to make Kaju Cake (Cashew Cake):
- Soak cashews in hot water. Then after, grind them into a rough paste, adding 1 tbsp milk in between.
- Mix cashew paste with sugar and 2 tsp ghee in a pan. Stir and cook after adding the remaining ghee.
- Mix saffron with 1 tbsp milk and stir in the mixture.
- Cook the ingredients until you get a layered consistency.
- Grease a plate and pour on the mixture. Allow it to cool down and then cut into small squares.
- Your dish is ready.