Recipe: Singhare Ki Puri
Try out this easy to make recipe during fasts. Singhare ke atte ki puri is made during religious fasting days like shivratri fast or ekadashi fast or navratri fasting.
Preparation Time : 25 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Servings : Depends
- Singhare Flour
- 3 tbsp Oil
- 2 tsp Ajwain Seeds
- 1/4 cup Coriander Leaves
- 1/4 cup Chopped Spinach
- 1/4 cup Potatoes, boiled and mashed
- 2 Green Chilies, chopped
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- Salt to taste
- Water, for kneading
- Oil, for deep frying
- Mix all the mentioned ingredients thoroughly (except oil) in Singhara flour.
- As Singhara flour is not like the normal wheat flour, you need not add too much of water while kneading it.
- After kneading the flour well, take small portion of the flour and make it into a small kneaded ball, in your palm. Then, shape the kneaded ball it into a puri.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry poori, until it becomes dark brown in colour.
- Repeat the above step with the rest of the flour mixture.