Prepared from beaten rice, cur, ghee and cucumber, this salty recipe is generally prepared in every home where the festival of Janmashtami is observed. It is extremely easy to prepare and hardly take few minutes to be ready to serve. If you also want know how to make this extremely nutritious and scrumptious dish, the recipe is given below.
Preparation Time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 21-25 minutes
Servings : Depends
- 250 gms Beaten Rice
- 1 Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 1/2 inch Ginger (finely chopped)
- 60 gms Curd
- 1/2 tsp Sugar
- 2 Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 100 gms Cucumber (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1 tsp Jeera
- Salt to taste
How to make Gopalkala:
- Keep rice soaked in water for about 15 minutes.
- Now heat ghee in a frying pan.
- Saute jeera, ginger and green chillies in the ghee.
- Pour soaked rice over this mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients, mix well and cook.
- Gopalkala is ready to be served.