Recipe: Makhaane Ki Kheer
Makhaane Ki Kheer is a very popular Janmashtami recipe.
Preparation Time : 15 mins
Cooking time : 20 minutes
Servings : Depends
- Cream Milk
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 50 gm Makhaane
- ½ cup Sugar
- 4 Choti Elaichi
- 10-12 Almonds (chopped)
- A pinch of saffron/kesar
- 3-4 green cardamom, powdered in a mortar-pestle
- Heat ghee in a pan and sauté makhaane over a low flame. When sautéed, let them cool and then crush them coarsely.
- Put makhaanas and milk in a deep pan, and bring the mixture to a boil. Simmer it over low flame, stirring occasionally till makhaanas get cooked and the milk thickens.
- When cooked, add sugar and elaichi to the kheer. Stir to dissolve sugar and then simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Lastly add the golden cashews and raisins. If using blanched and sliced almonds, then you can add at this step.
- Stir and simmer for a minute.
- Makhaane Ki Kheer is ready; garnish it with almonds before serving. Serve hot or chilled.