Recipe: Nariyal Magaz Prasaad
Try out these easy steps to make Nariyal Magaz Prasaad recipe.
Preparation Time : 60 mins
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Servings : Depends
- Sugar -2 cups
- Dry coconut (khopra ) thickly grated -1 cup
- Magaz (melon seeds) - 1/2 cup
- Water -1 cup
- 3 to 4 cardamoms, crushed to powder in a mortar-pestle
- 1 pinch of saffron, crushed or 2 to 3 pinch of saffron powder (optional)
- 8 to 10 cashews, halved or chopped (optional)
- Dry roast khopra and magaz separately in a pan for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- To make sugar syrup put sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook for 10 minutes till slightly thick.
- Stir continuously to get 2 thread syrup.
- Add coconut and magaz and stir well for 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the mixture on to a well greased thali or a small baking tray.
- Sprinkle saffron powder or press some cashews on the top.
- Let it cool cut into pieces and serve.