Try out these easy steps to make peda recipe.
Preparation Time : 5 mins
Cooking time : 5 minutes
Servings : Depends
- 1/2 kg Soft white khoya
- 2 1/2 cups sugar powdered
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp cardamom seeds semi crushed
- 1 tbsp slivered or crushed pistachios
- Grate khoya with a steel grater. Add powdered sugar and mix well.
- Put mixture in a large heavy or nonstick pan. Heat first on high for few minutes.The on slow till done.
- Make sure to stir continuously, while on heat. When mixture thick and gooey, add cardamom.
- Mix well, and take off fire. Allow to cool, gently turning occasionall.
- Use cookie moulds, or shape pedas with palms into patty rounds.
- Mix pistachios and cardamom seeds and press a bit on top of each.