Recipe: Shikanji | How to make Shikanji, nimbu pani recipe
We would make shikanji often in the summers and keep on gulping it. We used to make it in bulk and keep in the fridge. It is so refreshing, plus you get loads of vitamin c in one drink. it is so hot now.
Recipe Type Veg.
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 medium size lemon
- 2 glasses of water
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- rock salt or black salt as required
- sugar as required
- 4-5 mint leaves for garnishing - optional
- a few ice cubes
- cut the lemon in to two.
- take 2 glasses of a water in a bowl
- with a lemon juice squeezer, squeeze the juice directly into the water.
- add black salt, sugar, jeera powder.
- stir till the sugar dissolves.
- pour the shikanji in glasses. add ice cubes. garnish with mint and serve shikanji immediately.
- you can also make the shikanji and chill in the fridge and then serve.
if you are making shikanji for fasting, then add rock salt/sendha namak.
i have mentioned shikanji (indian lemonade) recipe details for making two glasses, but you can double and triple the drink.