Recipe: Aam Ka Panna | How to make Aam Ka Panna
In the aam panna i added the evaporated sugar cane juice and it took the aam panna to a totally whole new level. It was not just the raw mango that appealed to the senses, but also a refreshing mild taste and flavor of sugar cane juice. The colors of the aam panna are also like the brown cola color due to the evaporated sugar cane juice.
A few health benefits of aam panna:
- it prevents you from heat stroke and keeps the body cool.
- raw mangoes are rich in vitamin c and iron, plus the jaggery also gives an iron boost.
- the aam panna helps in preventing stomach problems in the summers.
Recipe Type Veg.
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 1 large or 2 medium sized raw mangoes
- 2-3 cardamoms, crushed or powdered
- 4-5 black pepper, crushed or powdered (optional)
- 2 tsp black salt
- powdered jaggery/sugar - double the amount of the mango pulp... add more for more sweetness
- rinse the raw mangoes in water.
- steam the raw mangoes in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles till they become completely soft and pulpy.
- remove the peel and take out the mango pulp.
- mix the cardamom powder, salt and jaggery to the mango pulp.
- mix the ingredients or blend to make it smooth.
- store aam ka panna in an air tight jar or bottle.
- while serving aam ka panna, add 1 tbsp of the preserve to one glass of water.
- stir and add ice cubes. serve aam ka panna cold.
- Add more sugar or jaggery for a pronounced sweet taste.
- You can also steam the mangoes or cook these in a pan. remember they have to become soft, so that the peel and the pulp comes out easily.