Recipe: Kadai Paneer | How to make Kadai Paneer
This kadai paneer recipe is a semi dry version. The recipe is simple and very easy to make. This restaurant style kadai paneer recipe
Few tips for kadai paneer recipe:
- to make the pounding easier in a mortar pestle, dry roast the red chilies and coriander seeds.
- the capsicum can also be diced, but making juliennes means faster cooking.
- since red chilies are used, one does not need to add red chili powder.
- you have to make this recipe in the kadai and not in any other pan :-) folks who do not have kadai, use a wok instead.
- this kadai paneer recipe is a semi dry and mildly spiced recipe and no water is used in this one.
- best to have kadai paneer with onion rings, lemon wedges and tandoori naan, garlic naan or tandoori roti.
- its always better to use homemade paneer for any paneer recipe. once you learn to make paneer at home then you will not feel like buying it from outside.
Recipe Type Veg.
INGREDIENTS (measuring cup used, 1 cup = 250 ml)
- 250 gms paneer/cottage cheese, cubed
- 5-6 medium tomatoes/tamatar, chopped
- 1 or 2 green chilies/hari mirch, chopped
- 6-7 garlic/lahsun, crushed
- 1.5 inch ginger/adrak, half crushed and half julienned
- 2 green bell peppers/capsicum/shimla mirch, julienned
- 5-6 kashmiri red chilies
- 1.5 tbsp coriander seeds/dhania seeds, roasted
- 1.5 to 2 tsp crushed kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- ½ cup chopped coriander/cilantro leaves/dhania
- 2 tbsp
salt or black salt
- in a kadai heat 2 tbsp oil. add the crushed ginger and garlic. saute these till the raw smell disappears.
- now add the chopped tomatoes. saute the tomatoes till they become soft.
- pound the coriander seeds and red chilies to a roughly fine powder.
- after 8-10 minutes add the spice powder to the tomatoes.
- saute the tomatoes till the whole mixture become like a paste and starts to leave oil.
- now add the capsicum julienne and chopped green chilies. and saute the capsicum for some 8-10 minutes.
- add salt and garam masala powder. mix these with the rest of the masala.
- its time to add the paneer. cook the paneer for 2 to 3 minutes in the masala.
- lastly add kasuri methi, ginger julienne and coriander leaves. mix and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- serve the kadai paneer, hot with rotis or naans.