Which Type of Sari Should I Wear in a Wedding Party?
How to Choose Best Saree for my Complexion?
I am Short and Dark, Which Type of Saree Should I Buy?
How to Choose a Perfect Saree for My Body Type?
How to Wear Saree to Look Slim?
I am a Fat, Overweight, Plus Size Woman, What kind of Saree will Suit Me?
Are these some of the questions which are coming to your mind again and again before purchasing a saree for you? If yes, then you are at right place, here you will get all answers for your doubts on how to choose a perfect sari for you.
Saris are one of the best outfits for women, the best things about the saree is that they are suitable for all occasion whether you are travelling, for office, you are in home or to attend any occasion like any wedding, party, function or any other event. A right saree not only can hide any flaws in your body but it can increase your beauty manifold and can make you look like a queen.
But if you take care of some things while choosing a sari for you then a saree can increase your personality and beauty manifold. I am sharing some tips to choose the right saree according to the body type of a woman.
While buying or choosing a perfect saree for you, the following things should be kept in mind in order to make you look beautiful and gorgeous in a saree:
Draping Style of Saree:
- The way you drape a saree around your body also decides how you will look.
- By draping saree in some particular way you can look taller, short, slimmer, fat and strange.
- A saree should be draped properly otherwise it looks untidy, clumsy, and can make a woman appear fat irrespective of what type of sari you are wearing.
- Pleats should be even and neatly tucked.
The Fabric Used in Saree:
- The fabric used to make a saree also decides how you will look in a saree.
- As a particular fabric made saree suits to a particular category of women.
- For example stiff cotton saris give heavy look so these are not suitable for overweight women.
The Prints on the Saree:
- Women generally should avoid big and large prints as they make you look large and gaudy.
- If short women wear sarees with large prints then they look odd and shorter.
- Small floral and leafy prints are evergreen and every women can wear such sarees.
Border of the Saree:
- Border of a saree also play an important role in women’s personality in a saree.
- Most of the designers advise to go for saree with no border or shorter border if your height is short.
- If you are tall then you should wear sarees with broad border.
Color of the Saree:
- For example for overweight ladies dark colors are best.
- It is not only for sarees but all other dresses in dark colors make a plus size women look slim and beautiful.
Embroidery Work, Zari Work, Stone Work, Heavy Work:
- If you are slim then heavy work will be best for you, if you are overweight and fatty then light work is suitable for you.
- A saree with heavy embroidery work can make a gal look fatty and strange.
Designs of the Blouse:
- A designer blouse can give a woman more beautiful, sexy and gorgeous look.
- If you want to look gorgeous and beautiful then you should also consider the designs of latest trendy blouses.
- There are so many types of beautiful designs of blouses like sleeve less blouses and blouses with short sleeve, long sleeves, short neck, deep neck, deep back, and backless blouses.
- Apart from sleeves you may also consider blouse length, various sexy neck and back designs depending on how much you want to expose your back and front.
- Embroidery, sequins, stones work also make a blouse very attractive and give women a rich look.
- So be careful while selecting a blouse for you it should suit your personality.
- Now it is not compulsory to buy a matching color blouse, you can also buy a blouse in contrast color.
- You can see some latest sexy designs of designer blouse for saree or latest designer blouse designs for saree worn by celebrities.
Matching Accessories for Sarees:
- Accessories like clips, purse, bag, etc. should match with the sari and should not look odd.
Choosing Saree According to Body Type of a Woman
Saree for Tall Women:
- If you are tall then I am sure you would not like to be looked like a tall pillar. In this case you should buy or choose such saree which outlook you tall height. For example you should choose a saree with bold colors, large prints and broad & heavy borders, as this will not let your excess height being noticed.
- Saree with large prints also good to make you look shorter than you are.
- Cotton Saree, Raw Silk Saree and Pure Silk Saree are also ideal.
- Sheer Sarees with net & lace work and embellished with heavy border gives taller and slim women gorgeous and sexier look.
- The sarees with heavy borders in contrast are quite trendy these days.
- Tall and slim women have more option to choose from saris.
Saree for Short Women:
- While selecting saree for a short woman one thing should be kept in mind, and that is, you should choose a saree which creates an apparition of length.
- A saree with light colors, short borders and vertical prints will be a perfect choice for you.
- There are so many sarees in the market with light colors, prints in vertical designs and with short or no borders which will make you look tall.
- Sarees with large border will make you look short so better to avoid such sarees.
- Chiffon, Georgette, Shimmer and Silk Sarees are ideal for short women.
- Saree for Overweight Women:
- All kind of light weight sarees such as Georgette sarees, Chiffon sarees, Crepe sarees are best suitable for overweight women. Apart from this Heavy Mysore Silk Saree is also a good option for you.
- Always try to choose dark colors and prints as they will give you slim and beautiful look.
- Saree should fit closely around your body while draping so that it gives you a slimmer look.
- Make sure the saree has a border, as saree without border will make you look bulky and fleshy.
- You can also wear sarees made from cotton mixed with other fabrics e.g. cotton silk sarees, they will also give you slimmer look.
Saree for Slim & Skinny Women:
- Slim women should choose heavier sarees for themselves; they should try sarees made from heavy fabrics like Heavy Cotton Sarees, Heavy Silk Sarees, Heavy Brocade Sarees, Heavy Designer Saree, etc.
- Embroidered Sarees with heavy zari and other work also make a woman more beautiful and gorgeous.
- Printed Sarees with attractive and beautiful designs and large prints gives cool look to slim ladies.
- Slim ladies can also try Heavily Embellished Lehenga Style Saris, Tissue Sarees, Organza Sarees, Tussar Sarees and Kancheepuram Silk Sarees as these also suits for their slim body type.
- Avoid Chiffon, Georgette and Crepe Sarees as they will make you look skinnier and slimmer.
- You can also try light color saree like white, off-white or any other light shades.
Saree for Short and Slim Women:
- Silk sarees with thin borders that can add height and volume are the best for short and slim women.
Short Height & Dark Color Women:
- I would advise you to go for dark colors sarees like dark pink, grey, black, maroon, green or completely contrast colors for example white, off white, etc.
- You can also try saree in plain opaque black or white color.
Saris for Voluptuous Busty Women:
- Chiffons, Georgettes and Silk Saris are best outfit for voluptuous busty women to show their natural voluptuous and curvaceous body figure sexier and beautiful.
- These saris will not only accentuate the curves of a woman buy will also give them gorgeous and enticing look.
Choosing Sarees According to Complexion of a Women
Fair Complexion and Pale Color Women:
- Bright colored sarees can make them look more beautiful for example offwhite, light pink, white, yellow, peach, etc.
- Fair complexion women can experiment with any fabric and color of saree.
Dark or Tan or Dusky Color Women:
- You should try sarees in dark colors like dark pink, dark purple, maroon, green or completely contrast colors for example white, off white, etc.
- In fact you can anything because dark color women look beautiful and sexy in any outfit. You can experiment with different colors.
- And keep one thing in mind “black beauty is the trend of the hour” have confidence in yourself, you will look beautiful and gorgeous in whatever you will wear.
- Dusky women always look more appealing than fair color women; for example bollywood actress Bipasha Basu, Lara Dutta, Priyanka Chopra, Rani Mukherjee or Deepika Padukone, Kajol, and Sameera Reddy have so much appealing look.
- Dark tone women should always wear as less jewelry as possible to make sure that their make up is in fine tune with the color of saree and other accessories. Because excess of jewellery makes them look weird and odd.
- Light color sarees with small floral prints with simple accessories will also do well.
Choosing Saris According to the Occasion & Time of the Day
For Wedding Party:
- For wedding party and functions one should wear sarees with rich look and work.
- South Indian silk sarees like Kancheepuram Silk Sarees, Mysore Silk Sarees, Sambhalpuri Silk Sarees, and Banarsi Sarees would be the best saree for and wedding and party.
- Not only they are perfect for wedding but these saris can also be worn during any festival.
- Although these sarees are quite costly but it they will give you not only rich look but also make you look gorgeous, beautiful and like a queen.
For Day Time Event:
- For any daytime event or party or function you should avoid dark colors except black color, otherwise you would look overdressed.
- Light color sarees are best option for women for daytime for example light green, light yellow, cream color, peach, light blue.
- A white saree with some designs and beautiful prints can do wonders.
- Avoid saree with heavy embroidery and zari work as it may give you odd look, so better to avoid these saree for daytime.
- Lace work is better for daytime function and party.
Evening and Night Function:
- For evening and night function like wedding party and other functions the saree with rich look and heavy embroidery and zari work are suitable.
- Silk Sarees like Banarasi Silk Sarees, Mysore Silk Sarees, Kancheepuram Silk Sarees gives rich look to a women and are perfect for wedding party.
For Traveling and Outing Purpose:
- Light weight and synthetic sarees are better for travelling & outing as they are more manageable and comfortable.
- A saree with light colors, light embroidery, and small prints is ok but avoid dark colors, large prints and heavy embroidery & zari work.
For Festival Occassions:
- There are so many Designer Sarees available online especially for festival occasions you can find many online shopping stores selling them.
- Indian Silk Sarees are also perfect to wear during any festival, for example Banarasi Sarees, South Indian Silk Sarees like from Mysore and Kancheepuram; they give traditional and rich look.
For Office Going Purpose:
- In office you should pinup your saree as it will be more manageable and comfortable for you.
- Light color sarees like light pink, green, peach, blue, cream, offwhite and white sarees with light prints and embroidery work are suitable for office going.
Other Important Points for Sarees:
- You should properly iron cotton sarees, tissue sarees and other sarees which needs to be starched otherwise they will make you look fatty and bigger.
- The pleats of a saree should always be tucked properly and neatly to so that you get a smart and beautiful look.
Sarees are not only popular in India, but the women across the world are fascinated with the beauty of saree and have been including it in their wardrobe. Not only common women but celebrities like Bollywood as well as Hollywood actress usually wear designer sarees in glamorous parties and events. Even Aishwarya Rai, Deepika Padukone, Vidya Balan and many other film stars have been spotted wearing beautiful and sexy sarees.
If you want to buy sarees online then you can buy from any online saree store where you can find a varieties of designer sarees for various occassions.
Read more.....Tips to Choose Best Saree for Your Body Type!