Aadhaar Payment App Introduced: Here is Features, Requirement and How to Use it!
Now there is no need to download and make payments through various digital apps. Aadhaar Payment App is an initiative by the government for making cashless transactions through your multiple bank accounts.
The universal app offers you to ease out your payments through any bank account without using the internet facility. The unique 12-digit number, which carries your identity, is needed to do payments at the various merchant who is accepting payments through the Aadhaar card.
What is Aadhaar payment merchant?s app?
It is an application used by the merchants to take payments online from customer’s bank account to their own account using 12-digit unique Aadhaar number of the clients where clients can choose any of their bank accounts to do the transactions. Each transaction will be authenticated by the fingerprint of the customer. Transactions can be made through Aadhaar-linked bank accounts (AEBA) only.
What is the security concern?
It is a highly secure app which will use two main platforms ? Aadhaar Payment Bridge (APB) and Aadhaar Enabled Payment System (AEPS). ABS will act as repository between the banks and the customers to provide a smooth flow of transactions, while AEPS will help in authenticating the online process.
Benefits of Aadhaar payment App
The Aadhar Pay App for merchants would help eliminate the long waiting period and hassle of getting a new POS (Point of Sale) machine. At present there are only 15 lakh POS machines deployed by the banks across the country. SBO alone has deployed over 3 lakh terminals followed by HDFC Bank and ICICI Bank.
- You do not require a debit card of credit card for payments
- You do not need POS machine to swipe the card.
- You do not require the internet connect to any app to register
- You do not require multiple apps like digital wallets to make any payment
How can you use it?
Merchants need to download the Aadhaar cashless merchant app on their smartphones connected to a biometric reader, which is currently available for Rs 2,000. The customer will then feed his or her Aadhar number into the app, select the bank through which the transaction will take place, and the biometric scan will work as a password for the transaction to be authenticated. "This app can be used by a person to make payments without any phone,'' Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) CEO Ajay Bhushan Pandey told ET.
"Almost 40 crore Aadhaar numbers already stand linked to bank accounts - that is half the adults in India. The aim is to link all Aadhaar numbers with bank accounts by March, 2017."
This is How to use Aadhaar Payment App?
- Download the App. (Google App Store)
- If you are a merchant, login with your aadhaar number.
- Validate the aadhaar using your fingerprint.
- Now to accept payment from a customer, click on Aadhaar Pay.
- Enter customer’s Aadhaar number.
- Enter Customer’s bank name and amount to be paid.
- Select ‘Yes’ to proceed.
- Validate the transaction using customer’s fingerprint.
- After successful authorisation, the amount will be transferred from customer’s bank account to merchant’s bank account.