Document Needed for an NRI buying a property in India
Here is list of document required for an nri before buying property in India..
NRIs are usually those who holding Indian citizenship and have temporarily immigrated to another country for reasons like work, education, vocation, or employed abroad by Government of India or Indians working with international organizations.
A lot of non-resident Indians (NRIs) have always been interested in making investments within India and real-estate has been one of the key areas of important investments. Not just because it is a secure and long-term option but also because it is like a dream fulfilled to own something in your own country as well as a safe retirement option when once returns back. If you are one of them, you need to know that documents are the most essential part of the purchase process.
Just like how the process of buying property requires scrutiny and proper documents for a resident Indian, there is a regular process in place making it easy for non-resident Indians to also buy property in India without much hassle. However, there are a list of mandatory documents required to make the purchase and registration process smooth for NRIs.
If you are an NRI interested in buying property in India, here is a check-list of documents you need to keep ready:
- Passport, copies of passport
- Valid Visa and copies
- Work Permit
- Contract of Employment
- Work experience certificate
- Latest Salary certificate (If your salary is not getting credited to a bank, the certificate has to be attested by the Indian Embassy)
- Last 6 months payslips
- Last 1 year bank statements of NRE/NRO accounts (Non-resident External (NRE) or Non-resident Ordinary (NRO))
- Power of Attorney (certificate giving power to an authorized person in India who will be registering the purchased property in the absence of the NRI buyer)
- OCI/PIO card (Overseas Citizenship of India/ Persons of Indian Origin)
- PAN Card (if available)
- Address Proof
Builders and constructors are interested in building and selling properties with world class luxurious facilities with NRIs as the target buyers. With technology and processes advancing and made increasingly online in today’s world, NRIs can also easily purchase property by availing loans through online channels of the bank. They can also keep track of the progress of the projects through online live streaming, 3D walkthroughs made available by some builders, etc. This document checklist will probably prepare you for the processes and make your experience simple and uncomplicated.
Stay on top of NRI news with the WelcomeNRI.