Recipe: Mushroom Manchurian | How to make Mushroom Manchurian
Spicy indo chinese recipe of mushroom manchurian.
Recipe Type Veg.
for the manchurian:
- 200-250 gms button mushrooms
- 3-4 spring onions, finely chopped - reserve the greens for garnish
- 2-3 green chilies, finely chopped
- 2 tsp finely chopped garlic/lahsun
- 2 tsp finely chopped ginger/adrak
- 1 tsp finely chopped celery (optional)
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped
- salt as required
for the batter:
- 1 cup all purpose flour/maida
- 3 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp black pepper powder or freshly crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- ¾ cup water
- salt & sugar as required
Preparing the mushrooms:
- rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms. mix everything for the batter.
- heat oil for frying. dip the mushroom in the batter & fry them till golden brown. keep these aside.
Preparing the mushrooms:
- Heat oil. add the spring onion whites and stir fry them for a minute on a medium flame.
- Now add the chopped celery, green chili, ginger, garlic and some of the spring onion greens.
- Stir fry these also for a minute on a medium flame.
- Add the black pepper, salt, sugar and soya sauce.
- Mix well. add the fried mushroom to this sauce.
- Stir so that the sauce coats the mushroom well.
- Serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with chopped spring onion greens and celery.
The black pepper, sugar and soya sauce can be adjusted to your taste preferences. so is the quantity of ginger, garlic and green chilies can be increased or decreased with your spice preferences.
Step by step Mushroom Manchurian recipe:
1.. take all the ingredients for making the batter in a bowl.
2.. add ¾ cup water and make a smooth batter. not too thick nor too thin.
3.. rinse, wipe and halve the mushrooms (200-250 gms button mushrooms).
4.. dip the mushroom in the batter.
5.. heat oil for shallow frying or deep frying. once the oil is moderately hot, then deep or shallow fry the mushrooms.
6.. once the mushrooms are golden browned, remove and keep them aside.
7.. heat oil in another pan or remove the extra oil from the pan in which we fried the mushrooms. add spring onions and stir fry them for a minute.
8.. add 2-3 chopped green chilies, 1 tsp finely chopped celery, 2 tsp garlic, 2 tsp ginger and some of the spring onion greens. stir fry for a minute.
9.. add bell pepper/capsicum (1 medium size green or yellow bell pepper, sliced, diced or chopped).
10.. stir fry till the capsicum gets cooked a little but still retains its crunchiness.
11.. finally add salt, sugar, 1 tbsp soy sauce and ½ tsp black pepper powder or crushed black pepper.
12.. stir fry and mix well.
13.. add the fried mushrooms. stir fry and mix well so that the sauce coats the mushrooms.
14.. remove and serve mushroom manchurian hot garnished with some spring onion greens and/or celery.