Godhuma Rava Kobbari Payasam Recipe - Wheat Rava Coconut Kheer with Jaggery
How to make Wheat Rava Coconut Payasam - An easy South Indian dessert recipe, that can be made for Indian festivals like Makar Sankranti, Navratri, dussehra and diwali.
Wheat Rava and Coconut Payasam Recipe
- 1/4 cup Cracked Wheat / Wheat Rava
- 1/2 cup Jaggery, powdered
- 1/2 cup Fresh Coconut, finely grated
- 1 cup Milk, boiled and cooled
- 1 cup Water
- 8 Cashews
- 8 Raisins
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add and fry the cashews to golden color. Add the raisins and fry until they plump up. Keep them aside.
- In the same pan, add the wheat rava and roast on a low - medium flame for 2 - 3 minutes or till they become aromatic and change color.
- Add the grated coconut and give a quick stir.
- Aa the boiling water to the roasted rava. Cover and cook on a low flame for 7 - 8 minutes or until the wheat rava gets cooked.
- Add the powdered jaggery and mix very well till the jaggery melts.
- Add the cardamom powder and combine.
- Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and let it cool down for 5 minutes.
- Add milk to the cooked wheat mixture and mix everything until well combined.
- Add the fried cashews and raisins.
- Serve warm or cold.
- Don't heat the payasam after adding jaggery as it may curdle.