Kurmure ki Chikki ( Microwave Recipe)
Cashew and peanut chikkis are passé! go for more interesting yet healthy options like these puffed rice chikkis. Do not overcook the jaggery or the kurmure ki chikki might end up hard.
मुरमुरा लड्डू - Puffed Rice Sweet Balls recipe
- 1 1/2 cups puffed rice (kurmura)
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1/2 cup grated jaggery (gur)
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds (til)
- Place the puffed rice in a microwave-safe dish and microwave on high for 1 minute. Cool slightly, cover and keep aside, to prevent the puffed rice turning soggy.
- Put the ghee in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from the microwave, add the puffed rice and sesame seeds and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a clean, greased platform to form a square of 150 mm. (6") x 150 mm. (6") of 50 mm. (2") thickness. Cut into 16 equal pieces.
- Cool completely and store in an air-tight container.