Sesame Raybri (Taffy) Recipe | Rewari Recipe | Revadi
Sesame Raybri (Taffy) Recipe
Rewari is a hard candy like sweet dish made of sesame and coated with jaggery. It is a popular dish in Punjab eaten during the time of Makar Sankranti.
Raybri is a pulled taffy covered with sesame seeds. Made with sugar, water, corn syrup, Ghee, Sesame seeds, salt and rose water for flavoring.
- Sugar: 3 Cups
- Water: 1½ cup
- Salt: 1½ teaspoon
- Corn syrup: 1½ cup
- Ghee: 3 Tablespoon
- Sesame seeds: ½ cup
- Rose water: 1 Tablespoon
- Dry roast sesame seed in a pan over low heat and set aside.
- Combine water, sugar, corn syrup and salt in a heavy bottom pan. Turn on heat, stir till sugar is all consumed.
- Do not stir. Heat till the syrup reaches 260ºF
- Add Ghee and Rosewater. Let it cool to 150ºF touch.
- Rub ghee on your hands. Pull and fold. Repeat pull and fold till the the mixture is creamy white.
- Divide in to six parts. Roll each part into ½" and 4" long. Cut each rope into ¼" thick discs. Pour the roasted sesame seeds over these discs. The discs get sticky and the sesame seeds with adhere to the surface.
With Best Wishes,