Patishapta pitha recipe
“ This is a traditional Bengali pancake recipe where the pancake are stuffed with Kheer or khowa. ”
- 250 grams sooji (suji or semolina)
- 400 grams white flour (maida)
- 200 grams sugar
- 300 grams kheer (khowa)
- 3 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 liter milk
- Condense the milk by constantly boiling and stirring. Add Khowa along with 50 grams of sugar to make it easier to turn the same into semi liquid state. Note - If khowa is not available then add more milk. It will take a lot of time to change to a semi-liquid state
- Add water( about 2 -2½ cups) gradually in maida and suji to make a thick mix. Add 200 grams of sugar.
- Heat the frying pan and coat the surface of the pan with little oil. Apply oil with a piece of eggplant or bottle gourd or a piece of cotton.
- Pour the suji-maida mix about (about 5 table spoon) on the hot pan and spread the mix on the pan till it takes a circular shape.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the semi liquid kheer on the over the spread
- Roll the spread like bread roll after 15-20 sec. Keep the roll on the pan and flip sides every 5-10 secs till it turns brownish.