Recipe: Sweet Kachori
Try out some traditional Maharashtrian delicacy!
Preparation Time : 30 mins
Cooking time : 60 minutes
Servings : Depends
Ingredients For filling:
- 200 gm Khoya
- 50 gm Milk powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg powder
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- cinnamon powder
Ingredients For Syrup:
- 250 gm Sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 1 Big pinch saffron
- Ghee for deep frying
Ingredients For cover:
- 250 gm Plain flour
- 1 tbsp Corn flour
- 30 gm Ghee
- Mix khoya, milk powder and other ingredients for filling.
- Take a big bowl and combine plain flour, corn flour and ghee.
- Using water, knead it to pliable dough. Now cover it with a wet cloth.
- Boil sugar and water to form syrup, add one tbsp of milk also.
- Boil until the syrup is slightly sticky between the fingers.
- Crush and add the saffron.
- Prepare 15 to 16 flat balls from the mixture.
- Divide the dough into 15 to 16 parts.
- Roll one ball into a puri and put one mixture ball in the centre. Pull up all the sides to seal the mixture, and press in the centre.
- Make 5 to 6 kachoris. Heat ghee and fry them on low flame until light brown, turning once.
- Repeat the process for remaining kachoris. Make a hole in the centre of each (approx. 2 cm diameter), when slightly cool.
- Pour half tbsp of syrup and roll kachori around to let the syrup spread. Allow to stand for about half an hour before serving the Sweet Kachoris.