Recipe: Rawa Laddu
Rava ladoo - quick and easy recipe of rava ladoo made with semolina, khoya (evaporated milk solids) and desiccated coconut. Gets done in 20 minutes.
The rava ladoo recipe is very easy and does not go into the consistency of sugar syrup.
Preparation Time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 25 minutes
Servings : Depends
- 1 cup sooji/rava/semolina, 200 gms
- ½ cup khoya/mawa, 100 gms khoya or ½ cup condensed milk
- ¼th cup desiccated coconut
- 11 to 12 tbsp milk
- 1 to 2 tbsp ghee (i added 1 tbsp, but for a smooth looking ladoo, you can add 2 to 2.5 tbsp ghee)
- ½ cup sugar or add as per taste
- 10 to 12 cashews/kaju, chopped
- 1 tbsp golden raisins
- 5 cardamoms, crushed to a powder in a mortar-pestle or coffee grinder or ½ to ⅔ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat ghee in a pan. add rava and chopped cashews.
- Stir often and roast the rava on a low flame till the rava becomes fragrant and change its color. no need to brown the rava. the texture will also appear crumbly, loose and light. the cashews will also become slight golden. if you add more ghee, you will see ghee leaving the sides. takes about 8 to 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add desiccated coconut. stir and roast for a minute or two.
- Add crumbled or grated khoya. mix the khoya with the rava.
- Then add sugar. now mix the sugar with the rava.
- Add cardamom powder and raisins. stir again.
- Add milk in parts and keep on stirring. Mix very well.
- Once all the milk is absorbed and the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from fire.
- Grease your palms with ghee and form ladoos, while the mixture is still hot and you can handle the heat.
- Make all ladoos this way and store them in an air-tight jar or box.
- Serve rava ladoos plain or with a glass of milk.