Recipe: Mixed Fruit Kheer
Tasty kheer with mixed fruits..you will just ask for more. This Festive Season, savour the goodness of fruit kheer.
Preparation Time : 11-15 minutes
Cooking time : 26-30 minutes
Servings : Depends
- Rice boiled1 3/4 cups
- Milk 1 litre
- Butter 2 tablespoons
- Chikoos chopped 3
- Plums chopped 3
- Pears chopped 1
- Peaches chopped 2
- Sugar 4 tablespoons
- Cornflour/ corn starch 1 tablespoon
- Rose syrup 3 tablespoons
- Pistachios chopped 1 tablespoon
- Heat butter in a pan and sauté the chopped fruits for a few minutes. Add one tablespoon sugar and cook till sugar melts. Transfer into a serving dish and spread evenly. Add rice to the same pan and sauté.
- Add more butter if you so wish. Add milk and cook till rice is absolutely soft. Dissolve the corn flour in a little water or milk and add to the rice mixture and continue to cook.
- Add the remaining sugar and cook till it has dissolved stirring continuously so it does stick to the bottom of the pan. Add rose syrup and stir. Pour over the sautéed fruits. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios and serve hot or cold.