Meet cricketers who won Man of the Match award despite defeat
In cricket, normally the Man of the Match award is given to the player of the winning team, but if we look into cricketing history we find there have been several occasions when the MoM award was given to the player from the losing side.
Former Indian world class batsman Sachin Tendulkar holds the maximum records in cricketing history and he tops the list in this segment also.
Let’s have a look at the players who won man of the match awards in defeat:
1. Sachin Tendulkar: Throughout his 200 matches long career, little master Sachin Tendulkar had won the award 6 times.
2. Javed Miandad: Former Pakistani great Miandad awarded 5 times in his 21 year long career.
3. Andy Flower: Former Zimbabwian Batsman, Andy had won the award in defeat on 4 occasions during his 144 matches he played.
4. Grant Flower: Former Zimbabwe’s batsman and brother of Andy Flower was awarded man of the match in defeat 4 times in 149 matches.
5. Chris Gayle: West Indian dashing hitter, Gayle won the award 4 times till now in 133 matches.
6. Inzamam-ul-haq: Former Pakistan skipper-batsman, Inzi was awarded 4 times in his 148 career matches.
7. Alistair Campbell: Former Zimbabwean cricketer won the award 3 times in 126 matches.
8. Tom Cooper: Netherland’s cricket player, Tom has won the man of the match award 3 times in just 17 matches he played till now.
9. Aravinda de Silva: Former Sri Lankan player, de Silva was awarded 3 times in 163 matches he played.
10. Sourav Ganguly: Former Indian skipper, Ganguly won the award 3 times in 145 matches he played throughout his 15 years long career.
You May Be Interested IN