Best Sunidhi Chauhan Songs: Top 10
We were a day late last week to publish Kumar Sanu’s Best songs, to make up for it, we have the Best Songs of Sunidhi Chauhan a day in advance! Enjoy the music.
Sunidhi Chauhan won recognition through a television singing contest Meri Aawaz Suno. Her breakthrough movie was Ram Gopal Varma’s Mast, in which she sang the hit song ‘Ruki Ruki Si Zindagi’. Since then Sunidhi has turned into a HIT machine with almost all her songs becoming chartbusters. Going by the success of her fast paced songs, she has been labeled as the Queen of Item Numbers.
But she has also showed her versatility by singing songs of all genres and hence established herself as one of the top female playback singer of Bollywood today. Here is the list of her Top 10 best songs:
1) Beedi Jalaile: Sunidhi has uttered each and every word of this track from ‘Omkara’ with absolute relish and has lent the right amount of rusticity and raunchiness to this boisterous mass song. The wistful mood of the song does full justice to the amazing strength of Chauhan’s vocals. She is ably assisted by Sukhwinder Singh in this song composed by Vishal Bhardwaj and written by Gulzar.
2) Sheila Ki Jawani: Sunidhi’s exorbitantly racy vocals roar to the extreme in this chartbuster item song from ‘Tees Maar Khan’. She fills loads of energy and enthusiasm with her vocals to this Vishal-Shekhar composition. The video of the song picturised on Katrina Kaif and choreographed by Farah Khan is an icing on the cake.
3) Mere Haath Mein: In this ever-so romantic number from ‘Fanaa’, Sunidhi’s voice sounds magically honest. The queen of item numbers shows her versatility and gives it her all to this memorable, soft and delicate composition by Jatin-Lalit. She sounds wonderful in the company of Sonu Nigam as they both croon exceptional lyrics written by Prasoon Joshi.
4) Aisa Jaadoo:Sunidhi exhibits her true colors and extraordinary talents by effortlessly shuffling from base slow notes –‘Jo meri zulfon se khele re’ to highest pitches – ‘Aisaa hai koi dilwaala re’ – in the same line itself. This extraordinary track from ‘Khakee’ is composed by Ram Sampath and Sunidhi’s vocals have the capability to pull you to the dance floors in split seconds.
5) Bhaage Re Mann: Sunidhi takes to this song from ‘Chameli’ like a fish to water. Her voice has an innocent tone to it, which helps Sandesh Shandilya’s music in creating the surreal atmosphere. Irshad Kamil´s lyrics work wonders and glide smoothly with Sunidhi´s extremely effective rendition.
6) Dhoom Machale: The title track of ‘Dhoom’ is sung with complete gusto by Sunidhi Chauhan. Her vocals pack loads of attitude and vibrancy to this powerful and energetic composition by Pritam. Particularly impressive is the way she maintains great poise while singing the verse also.
7) Dance Pe Chance:Sunidhi Chauhan is in her top form while rendering this track from ‘Rabb Ne Bana Di Jodi’ and puts in her 100% in providing zest, energy and life to a number that is completely situational. She is well supported by Bhangra King Labh Janjua in this Salim-Sulaiman composition.
8) Udi: This livelier and catchy melody from ‘Guzarish’ is sung completely from heart by Sunidhi Chauhan. Her vocals glorify the feeling of a free bird in this track composed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali and written by Turaz.
9) Chor Bazaari: Sunidhi steals the show in this situational yet fresh song from ‘Love Aaj Kal’. She is in her top elements along with Neeraj Sridhar as she eases through this romantic duet composed by Pritam.
10) Mehboob Mere: This dance number from ‘Fiza’ goes back to the early days of Sunidhi in the film industry and she sounds as husky as ever in this Anu Malik’s composition filmed on Sushmita Sen.
Other great songs sung by Sunidhi are Kaisi Paheli (Parineeta), Gun Gun Guna (Agneepath), Sajnaji Vari Vari (Honeymoon Travels Pvt Ltd), Crazy Kiya Re (Dhoom 2), Ainvayi Ainvayi (Band Baaja Baraat) , Challiya (Tashan), Ishq Sufiyana (The Dirty Picture), Deedaar De (Dus), Bumro (Mission Kashmir) , Shut Up And Bounce (Dostana), Dekh Le (Munna Bhai MBBS), Raat Ke Dhai Baje (Kaminey), Marjaani (Billu), Aa Zara (Murder 2), Sajna ve Sajna (Chameli), Aaja Nachle (title track) and the list is endless.
You May Be Interested IN